Cricket Association for the Blind of
‘Cricket Association for the Blind of Maharashtra (CABM) is registered in Mumbai.
Cricket Association for the Blind of Maharashtra (CABM) is the only recognized body to promote and organiz cricket for the blind in the State of Maharashtra under Cricket Association for the Blind in India (CABI) which is affiliated to World Blind Cricket Council (WBC).
CABM organizing two T-20 World Cup matches in Mumbai under the aegis of CABI on 3rd & 4th February 2017.
CABM was established in 2011 and has been working since then for the promotion of cricket for the blind in Maharashtra. We provide coaching and infrastructure facilities to players. Ever since the formation of the CABM, blind cricket players from Maharashtra have made tremendous progress.
Rufina Fernandes - Chairperson
Mr. Ravi Nivrutti Wagh - President
Mr. Dilip Shivahi Munde - Vice President
Mr. Ramakant Tukaram Satam - Secretary
Mr. Suhas Karnik - Joint Secretary
Mr. Dadabhau Dagdu Kute - Treasurer
Mr. Ganesh Vitthalrao Kale - Member
Mr. Pankaj Sukhdev Choudhari - Member
Mr. Dilip Shelwante - Member
Mrs. Archana Ladkat - Member
The following are the major achievements of last 5 years of CABM:
- Organized State, Zonal, National & International tournaments along with CABI.
- Organising coaching camps to players and students in the blind schools.
- Swapnil Wagh has played Indo-Pak series in November 2011 at Pakistan.
- Amol Kharche has played One Day International World Cup in Cape Town, South Africa held from 25th November to 9th December 2014 where India won the Championship by defeating Pakistan in final.
- Victorious Indian team was felicitated by our Hon. Prime Minister Shri. Narendra Modi on 10th December 2014 at his residence & where he spent 45 minutes with team & he was presented autographed ball by the team to be kept in his personal museum.
Moments of glory - India wins T20 World Cup for the Blind 2014 Indian Team felicitation by Hon. Prime Minister Narendra Modi